Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 01:42

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
СообщениеДобавлено: 14 авг 2020, 16:00  Заголовок сообщения: Unusual cameras in this land: The Kodak Chevron

Hi all,

Long time no writing, few time, good weather and many cameras for repair and tons of film shot.

Kodak brand is well known among us, some old Kodak (mainly Retinas) are in Russia, I wonder if any other has this camera for sharing feelings.

After the Medalist II, Kodak made a new 620 camera, as big as the Medalist but 6x6, this for the repairman is a joy, plenty of space to operate and everything pretty straight forward, I like the simplicity of the American cameras, the camera was made in between 1953-56 in Roscherter, of course.

Looking for the camera in EDevil site I found one with sticky shutter and rest was ok as seller said (seller had only photo stuff and good rating so it had to be good), long time sough and finally I found a middle-man-shipping company from USA to Russia, it took about 2-3 weeks only to ring my door.

Изображение
Kodak Chevron

It came with the leather carry case in good shape (the case has in the inner top 4 slots for series V filters) but not cap, recently the series V hood plus retaining ring came and I already had a yellow series V filter so all is set!
I love the retro Art-Deco style, it has some common lines with the Kodak Signet (35mm), leather is black and whole, only the Name Chevron at the top is worn out, interior of the camera impeccable and the smell type we like in a old new camera.

Some photos that I took with it, so far two rolls.

Изображение
Moscow city.

Изображение
Sand road.

Изображение
Elena.

Изображение
Ads over time.

Изображение
Leaves shadows on wood.

Изображение
Spectator.

The Kodak Chevron is BIG, taller and wider than Medalist but slimmer, not heavy (I'm used to heavy MF cameras) and the viewfinder is amazingly clear and bright (I cleaned?). Focusing is the same super good way as Medalist, two prisms and it's located under the viewfinder, with Medalist you have to move the position your eye in the rangefinder patch in order to focus, with Chevron the eye doesn't move from the same position as you have the viewfinder, this is an improvement from Medalist.
Shooting... much comfortable having the shutter release next to the lens instead on the top, it would be too high, and it's so smooth (I cleaned again?) and clicking next to the lens I didn't moved the frame I was shooting.
It has the same mechanism for loading the film than Medalist and it's still 620 but it would be much easier to covert to 120 as I see.
Same as Medalist, the size of the negative is the biggest I ever saw for the format, one day I will measure all negatives frames from different cameras and I will ask for contributions :)
The camera came AS-IS, saying shutter was sticky, this was the first time I was handling Synchro-Rapid 800 shutter but I did a minimum of work to get it working fine, also I removed the top cover and cleaned all glasses and prisms.
Lens, multi-coated Tessar type, not the sharpest I have seen but results are very appealing, the yellow filter helped (no the portrait photo) and the lens holds pretty well flare.

This is the second American camera I get this summer and if I would really shoot 35mm I would take Kodak 35RF.

Thank you for looking,
Alex

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 авг 2020, 16:11  Заголовок сообщения:

Hola Alex. Te hemos echado de menos!

Ahora Alexenmoscu esta de verdad en Moscu?!

Yo estoy planeando hacer fotografias con tu Hassel y dos tias buenas... tu me sigues?

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 авг 2020, 16:22  Заголовок сообщения:

Nunca lo he hecho pero para todo hay una primera vez :) te escribo en privado.

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 авг 2020, 17:37  Заголовок сообщения:
Admin

So this one is tessar type? Not bad anyway, sharp and contrasty. Congrats. Hope I could see this one in action someday.

СообщениеДобавлено: 15 авг 2020, 07:33  Заголовок сообщения:

vnukov_pk писал(а):
So this one is tessar type? Not bad anyway, sharp and contrasty. Congrats. Hope I could see this one in action someday.

Yes, Tessar type and multicoated, thank you!
You will :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 15 авг 2020, 19:31  Заголовок сообщения:

Nice shots, Alex! :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 15 авг 2020, 23:05  Заголовок сообщения:

Thank you, Vladimir :)

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа